The Chairman Summit is a platform where we gather influential chairmen, business leaders and actors, and regulators of the GCC to stimulate dialogue on key governance and board issues of today’s economic climate to raise awareness and enhance governance practices in the region.
Summit background and history
- GCC BDI has held 8 Chairman Summits to date
- All the Summits have been held in Riyadh, KSA
- The Summit is usually held in the last quarter of the year
- The Summit is a full day event, with lunch, which brings together leading chairmen, regulators and practitioners from the GCC region
- Attendance target is around 100-150 participants including speakers, panelists and moderators
The Chairman’s Summit brings together leading chairmen, regulators and practitioners from the GCC region.
Platform: the Summit comprises a series of panel discussions on various topics of importance to Chairmen while also offering an excellent platform for senior business leaders to network, discuss and share experiences with peers.
Format: the Summit is a one day event comprised of 3 sessions on 3 different topics (selected each year) of interest to chairmen. Each session lasts 90 mins and is comprised of a panel of 3-5 people (mix of GCC chairmen, leading business actors, GCC BDI faculty and high profile overseas guest speakers and panelists).
Audience: attended by 100-150 chairmen, CEOs, senior board members and executives in the Gulf. The Summit is exclusive and by invitation only (GCC BDI members, sponsor’s and other selected guests).
Chairman summit speakers and panellists:
This is a high profile event which has become a popular exclusive annual event with Chairman and senior board directors.
Previous speakers and panellists include:
- HE Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Jadaan, Minister of Finance
- HE Eng Khalid Al Falih, Minister of Energy, Industry and Mineral Resources
- Abdullah bin Amer Alswaha, Minister of Communications and IT
- HE Mohammed Elkuwaiz, Chairman, Capital Market Authority, KSA
- Conor Kehoe, Senior Partner Emeritus - Special Adviser, McKinsey & Company
- Andrew Steel, MD, Global Head of Sustainable Finance, Fitch Ratings
- Eng. Khalid Abdullah Al Hussan, CEO, Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul)
- Chris Stevens, Vice President, Nasdaq
- Rayan Fayez, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, Banque Saudi Fransi
- Nasser Bin Sulaiman Al Nasser, Group CEO, STC
- H.E. Dr. Ghassan Al-Sulaiman, Chairman, National Center For Family Businesses
- Katherine Garrett-Cox, CEO of GIB UK and Member of the Supervisory Board, Deutsche Bank, AG
- Charles Tilley, CEO, International Integrated Reporting Council
- Mutlaq Al Morished, CEO, Tasnee
- Dr Waddeh S. Ghanem Al Hashmi, Senior Director - Sustainability, Operational & Business Excellence, ENOC
- HE Abdullatif Al-Othman, Chairman, DUSSUR
- HE Dr Ahmed Alkholifey, Chairman, SAMA
- Colm Kelleher, President, Morgan Stanley
- Eng Khalid Al Hussan, CEO, Tadawul
- Lubna Olayan, CEO & Deputy Chairman Olayan Financing Company
- Taha Elkuwaiz, Chairman, Bank Al Jazira
- Abdullah Al-Suweilem, CEO, Luberef
- Tarek Elmasry, Managing Partner, McKinsey & Company
- Abdullah Al AbdulGader, Chairman, STC
- HE Saleh Alawaji, Chairman, Saudi Electricity Company
- HE Abdullah Al Kuwaiz, Chairman Advisory Board, ACWA Power
Previous sponsors: JP Morgan, SABIC, Saudi Aramco, Investcorp, Morgan Stanley, ELM, Tadawul
Summit’ videos and interviews from all the previous Summits are available, please click here to access our Youtube channel.
The Summit also offers an excellent platform for senior business leaders to network, discuss and share experiences with peers.
Chairman Summit - Sponsorship Opportunity
GCC BDI Chairman Summit Sponsors are world-class companies with a strong interest in developing corporate governance and board efficiency in the Gulf. Sponsors of the Summit may engage in up to three domains of the Summit: Panel discussions and co-hosting the event, marketing and communications, and networking and building director communities. Access to the Summit’s network of high profile Chairmen, Board Directors and Senior Executives provides Sponsors with visibility and time-sensitive insights into strategic decision-making on the issues most important to corporate governance and boards in the region.
For more information about sponsorship packages, please contact us at email@example.com.